After I complete my GMAT exam on 20th April, I started to prepare the application for the part time MBA programme to the three Singapore local university, NTU, NUS and SMU. I received offers from NUS and SMU for the part time programme, after careful consideration, I decided to accept the offer from NUS.
NUS part time MBA Interview and admission
Attended NUS MBA Information Session at below venue presented by Ms Chua.
Date: 28 April 2018 (Saturday)
Time: 2pm – 4pm
Venue: The Ritz-Carlton Millenia Singapore
1. Highlights of The NUS MBA Programme and how the programme may change your perspective and career.
2. The curriculum of the programme and what to expect on your journey with The NUS MBA Programme.
3. Answer any questions you have about the programme and eligibility.
1) Please answer ONE of the following short essay prompts. (300 words) *
a. I am passionate about… b. My greatest challenge has been… c. My biggest failure was ….
2) Briefly describe your immediate post-MBA career goal including your industry, function and country of choice and how have your prior experiences motivated and prepared you to pursue these goals? (300 words) *
3) If there is anything else you would like to share with the Admissions Committee that was not covered in your application, please include here. (300 words) *
For the first question, firstly I wrote about my biggest failure about one incident in my work, then changed to my passion about the sports (football and swim). The second question was quite straightforward, basically related to why MBA. The third question I wrote about my oversea experience in India and Latin America.
I submitted the online application on 6th May 2018.
- A copy of your resume
- A copy of your undergraduate degree scroll
- A copy of your undergraduate degree transcripts/mark sheets*
- A copy of your Test Taker’s GMAT / GRE report **
- A copy of your IELTS/TOEFL report (if the medium of instructions for your undergraduate studies was not in English)
- A copy of your passport, NRIC or Employment Pass (upload only ONE that is applicable to you)
- A passport-sized photograph
- A copy of your “Financial Supporting” documents*** (Current Salary Slip)
Two referees reports were from Eric and Gu Jie. The application fee was 100 SGD.
I received the interview invitation on 7th May 2018, one day after the application submission, NUS processed my application really fast.
Venue: MBA Programme, Graduate Studies Office (NUS Business School, Level 4, Mochtar Riady Building (Next to NUS Alumni House / Hon Sui Sen Memorial Library bldg.), Carpark No. 12. 15 Kent Ridge Drive, Singapore 119245
The interview was on 9th May 2018, Wed. 3.30 PM.
This selfie was taken on 9th May 2018, 15:23 at Mochtar Riady Building before NUS MBA admission interview
The interview questions were mainly based on why MBA, why now, short term goals and long term goals. You can prepare some of the questions, but most of the questions require your quick response without scripting the answer, I would say if you script your answer, it shall be detected by the experienced interviewers, and brings reverse effect to your performance. Just be yourself and enjoy the interview, treat it like a conversation. The interview was lasting around 30 minutes. Started with the elevator pitch, no behavior questions, in the middle, the interviewer was challenging my motivation to pursue MBA programme, and it’s strange she was emphasizing the post MBA prospect will not be as I expected. I felt the interview time passed really fast, just a blink of eye.
I received the offer email on 16th May 2018, 15:58 PM.
Accept the offer
I accepted NUS Part time MBA offer on 22nd May, made the accept fee payment SGD 8560.
Sent the Official university undergraduate transcripts through SF express, domestic shipment costs 6 SGD,
SMU part time MBA interview
I had Coffee Chat on-campus on Saturday (28th April), SMU admission admin was really helpful, willing to give all the help necessary, if I was able to submit your application by the 6th of May, SMU will be able to waive my application fee as I joined their coffee talk event.
I submitted SMU part time MBA interview the same day (6th May) as NUS MBA.
- Why do you want to earn an MBA and why are you choosing to apply to SMU? If you are selected, how will you contribute to the SMU MBA programme? (500 words)
- Describe your greatest weakness and how you have tried to overcome it. (300 words)
Interview, offer and decision
The interview was arranged on 10th May 2018, Thursday. 10.30am to 11.00am. The venue was as,
Singapore Management University
81 Victoria Street, 10th floor
The interview was a nice experience, just like casual conversation, the interviewed tried to emphasize the advantage of SMU MBA, like American class style, strong ranking in finance, etc.
I received SMU part time MBA offer on 14th May 2018, as the deadline [17th May 2018, Thursday] was only three days. I politely declined the offer.
NTU PMBA Interview
I started the NTU PMBA application the earliest, submitted on 25th April, and all the referee reports were submitted on 30th April, however I received the interview invitation the last among the three schools.
The application fee was SGD100.
I had one-to-one coffee talk with admission admin, it was really helpful.
Received the interview invitation on 9th May,
- 16th May 2018, Wednesday
- 4:30pm, Singapore Time
- Blk S3, B3A, Postgraduate Office
Nanyang Business School
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
50 Nanyang Avenue
I was interviewed by Academic Director of PMBA and one admission committee. Both interviewers were nice, and the whole procedure was like a casual conversation, I didn’t receive any challenge questions.
Selfie before the interview,
Photo before NBS,
NTU PMBA application Result
Unfortunately I didn’t hear back from NTU after my interview on 16th May 2018.
NUS Pre-Admission Medical Exam Process
NUS Pre-Admission Medical Exam
Prepare for interviews using Vince’s mirror method
How to respectfully decline an MBA admission offer
Nanyang Professional MBA (Part-Time)
4-things-to-prepare-before-semester-1 for NUS MBA
SF express AWB tracking no: 644001539713
GMAT Exam on 20 April 2018 – First attempt
NUS Graduate Admission System
ChaseDream – MBA申请，商科Master/PhD申请，GMAT/TOEFL考试»Forum›商学院申请›亚太MBA申请区
Top MBAs for finance 2018
NTU MBA application system
Nanyang Professional MBA (Part-Time)
1428total visits,16visits today